Saturday, January 22, 2011

INTRODUCTION

In this blog, I shall be discussing both my own experiences when traveling the United States and other popular sights that I hope to see one day.  My years as an elementary age child brings back many memories I spent with my family of six as we drove back and forth across the beautiful United States.  I am hoping this will encourage you to have an adventure of your own, to reminisce about your own travels, or to possibly share thoughts with me about the similar places we have visited.  I will surely enjoy describing the majestic nature of America, and I hope you will enjoy it too. 


I am one of four children, and we have grown up in the Mid West with our parents.  Every summer from the age of seven to eleven, my family would prepare for our vacation which was never less than two and one half weeks long.  After I was eleven, we only inserted short excursions to historical sites while we visited relatives, except when we traveled to Michigan's Upper Peninsula when I was thirteen.  Whether we drove to the West or the East we stopped to visit our spread-out family along the way.  Our parents have taken us to Fort Boonesborough in Kentucky, Mammoth Cave, Pike's Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, Chimney Rock, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Virginia Beach, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Mount Rushmore, De Smet  in South Dakota, Devil's Tower, Gettysburg, Washington D.C., Smoky Mountain National Park, Mount Vernon, the Statue of Liberty, Philadelphia, Ellis Island, Valley Forge, and my personal favorite, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore on the grand shores of Lake Superior.  May this blog stir your imagination and cause you to appreciate more fully the land we call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment