Saturday, February 5, 2011

Other Sources about "Traveling the USA"

This week I have been looking into other blogs related to “Traveling the USA.” Most of the travel blogs I found were about personal experiences rather than researched tourist attractions as I have done. 

Here is one that I have found to be quite interesting: http://www.travbuddy.com/X_Drive/blogs. This man, Roger, has multiple blogs about his journeys in not just the United States but also the world. He mainly blogs about places in California where he lives. I have enjoyed browsing through his experiences. In 2008, he took a road trip all the way across the southern United States to Florida and then back to California by a different route. My own family trips have never taken us down to the south. We have gone as far as South Carolina but unfortunately not for sightseeing’s sake. We only drive down there to bring my sibling to college, so I am excited to read more about the south from Roger's perspective. You should read into it too!

This website (http://atravelerslibrary.com/tag/usa/) gives a fascinating view of the United States. Instead of telling the readers about personal experiences, this site gives movie and book reviews about particular places in America. The author, Vera Marie Badertscher, does write her personal opinion at the end of her posts, but mainly she shows her readers what the media is portraying of America's tourist attractions.

Now this, http://12feet.blogspot.com/, is about personal experiences of two guys and their two pets touring the country in an RV. For the past four years, they have written about their travels through the West. Their posts mostly consist of their photos taken of the breath-taking landscape of America.

I hope you will take the opportunity to at least glance through these websites. I have never visited the places described in these blogs, so I hope you will enjoy reading about it as I have. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment