Thursday, March 10, 2011

HEAR THE THUNDER

My family's last stop on our east bound voyage was Niagara Falls! It was a great way to end the trip. Niagara Falls is magnificent! The water roars, and the mist rises. We viewed the falls from both the United States side and the Canadian side. Personally, I had a great desire to ride the Maid of the Mist; this ferry packed with tourists powered up its engines and marched right up to the base of the falls. It was enjoyable to watch these boats laden with people wearing blue ponchos. I could not imagine the sound and the mist that surrounded these vessels, but soon I found out myself. My family chose a much cheaper way to get close to the powerful falls. On the Canadian side, we traveled underground through tunnels right up next to the falling waters. We walked behind and beside Niagara! This satisfied my imagination, and we had gotten even closer to the falls than those on the Maid of the Mist. Niagara Falls is a fantastic sight to see!

It is important to visit the wonders of this nation that surround us. Previously, I was having a conversation with an exchange student from Asia who had visited Niagara Falls. This was exciting to her because in her country she had only seen pictures of Niagara in textbooks, and now she saw it with her own eyes. This has shown me to never take our country and culture for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment